Monday, December 17, 2007

Cruising . . . Carnival Style!! (?)

So after a crazy work year Sara and I decided to take a nice relaxing break. Going on a cruise would not be my first choice. Now let me preface this by saying that Sara is a 'Cruiser' . . . i.e. she has cruised before. I have not. And there is a reason for that.

She has been trying to convince me for some time that a cruise would be a great little vacation, though my reply to her was always "I'd rather boil my head . . .". I eventually caved in on this one occasion. It also happened to be a friend of ours 30th birthday celebration, so there would be a crowd of cool people going. It was also incredibly cheap. I was up for it. Eating and drinking 24 hours a day, no land in sight, a bedroom with no windows . . . and games like the 'hairiest chest competition' poolside EVERY day. Class! Remind me to tell you about the sting ray excursion we went on in a hurricane; and a drinking game where you all pretend to be chickens!! Good few days though. Lots of laughs. Now seeking new liver please. Here are just a few pictorial highlights.

Hotel in Tampa. Scene of first nights drinking games.



. . . ever wonder why traffic is bad in Mexico??


Authentic Mexican clothing



Authentic Warrior Head Dress


Love this shot



Thats quite enough culture for one day . . . on with the drinking!! Here's Lindy (birthday girl) already struggling to sit up straight.


'Bucky' showing us some of his 'flair'


More


She had heels on too!



Our ride

No comments: